NASA ARSET has an open, online training coming up
This advanced webinar series: SAR for Landcover Applications, will build on the knowledge and skills previously developed in ARSET SAR trainings. Presentations and demonstrations will focus on agriculture and flood applications.
|Composite global SAR image|
ARSET stands for Applied remote Sensing Training. Participants will learn to characterize floods with Google Earth Engine. Participants will also learn to analyze synthetic aperture radar (SAR) for agricultural applications, including retrieving soil moisture and identifying crop types.
This webinar copes with UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Target 13.1: Strength resilience & adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries
- SDG 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
By the end of this training, attendees will be able to:
- analyze SAR data in Google Earth Engine
- generate soil moisture analyses
- identify different types of crops
This webinar series will consist of two, two-hour parts: Monitoring Flood Extent with Google Earth Engine, exploiting SAR to Monitor Agriculture. Each part will include a presentation on the theory of the topic followed by a demonstration and exercise for attendees.
August 28 and September 4, 2019. Times: 10:00-12:00 EDT (UTC-4)
Brock Blevins, Training Coordinator.
Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI) NASA Applied Remote Sensing Training Program (ARSET).