CSSTE implements a 3-day Online Regional training on Flood Monitoring and Forecasting Modelling
This training was implemented simultaneously from Abuja, 9th to 11th of February, in all 5 participating countries across West Africa, Côte d'Ivoire, Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana and Nigeria.
Located within Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Nigeria, the Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in English (CSSTE) is affiliated to the UN Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA).
One of the grant recipients of GMES & AFRICA support programme, it develops a Multi-Scale Flood Monitoring and Assessment Services for West Africa using Earth Observation satellite data, “to enhance the efficiency of flood monitoring, assessment and management in West Africa by providing Earth Observation (EO) based services on real time basis to disaster management organisations and boosting their human capacity to adapt to their services”.
- ARCSSTE Website: http://arcsstee.org.ng/home/
- MifMASS Website: http://gmes-mifmass.net/mifmass/
- Casted on You Tube, 30-Nov-2020, MiFMASS- Floods in West Africa Documentary, https://youtu.be/ViJIwUmINu8
- The UNOOSA activities, https://www.unoosa.org/
- Casted on YouTube: Au Bénin, UACWebTv, https://youtu.be/H7yUoeC-K-c
- 11-Feb-2021, The Guardian Nigeria: Disaster management agencies acquire satellite technology for monitoring flood, https://guardian.ng/news/disaster-management-agencies-acquire-satellite-technology-for-monitoring-flood/
- 10-Feb-2021, Space in Africa: Nigeria’s CSSTE says it is Equipped to Forecast Floods and Mitigate Effects, https://africanews.space/nigerias-csste-says-it-is-equipped-to-forecast-floods-and-mitigate-effects/
- 10-Feb-2021, L'Infodrome: Gestion des inondations en Afrique de l'Ouest: des experts en conclave pour la recherche de solutions innovantes, https://www.linfodrome.com/societe-culture/65006-gestion-des-inondations-en-afrique-de-l-ouest-des-experts-en-conclave-pour-la-recherche-de-solutions-innovantes
- 10 February 2021, Radio Univers, University of Ghana, Water Research Institute organize 3-day workshop on flood monitoring, https://www.universnewsroom.com/news/university-of-ghana-water-research-institute-organize-3-day-workshop-on-flood-monitoring/
- 09-Feb-2021, Vanguard: Nigeria now well equipped to forecast flood, mitigate effects, says CSSTE boss, Agbaje, https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/nigeria-now-well-equipped-to-forecast-flood-mitigate-effects-says-csste-boss-agbaje/