Networking Friday with GEO Blue Planet
On April 16th, 2021, 1-2 PM UTC, Emily Smail, Executive Director of the GEO Blue Planet Initiative, and Audrey Hasson, Head of the GEO Blue Planet European Office, will introduce the GEO Blue Planet initiative and showcase on-going success stories from 4 different thematic Working Groups.
GEO Blue Planet is a global network of ocean and coastal observer, social scientists and end-user representatives from a variety of stakeholder groups including international and regional organizations, NGOs, national institutes, universities and government agencies.
GEO Blue Planet aims at advancing and exploiting synergies among the many observational programmes devoted to ocean and coastal waters, improving the engagement with a variety of stakeholders for enhancing the timeliness, quality and range of services delivered and raising awareness of the societal benefits of ocean observations at the public and policy levels.
- Opening remarks
- GEO Blue Planet General presentation
- Four success stories of GEO Blue planet Working Groups (WG):
- Transforming knowledge into information : The Sargassum WG
- Providing Indicators to answer user needs : The Eutrophication WG
- Delivering scientific reviews and Best Practices : The Marine Litter WG
- Identifying stakeholder needs : The Oil Spill WG
- Where GEO Blue Planet is heading
- Closing remarks
- Jose Luiz Moutinho, Aircenter.org